Compiling the MUL controller on the RaspberryPi.... CodeChix ONF Driver Competition Team !!
So, four of us have been hunkered down for days for the final push towards the CodeChix ONF Driver Competition (will post more on that - don't have time to do a post right now).
Final run through and submission checklisting before submission after 14+ hours today !
Compiling the CC-ONF-Driver codebase went through like a breeze.
Not so for the MUL controller code. I kept getting glib errors even after installing libglib2.0-dev etc. So, the following hacks were needed to get "./configure" to work and for the source to compile.
- Get your local paths to the glib lib - "pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0"
- Symlink stuff to whatever "configure" expects - "sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/glibconfig.h"
- sudo mkdir -p /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/.libs
- sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libglib-2.0.so /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/.libs/libglib-2.0.so
- sudo ln -s /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/glib.h
- sudo make
- sudo make install
And you should be good to go!
Shout out to Dipjyoti Saikia (from Korea)! Dipjyoti - hope you can use my Rpi hacks above for ARM porting, should you need to do so. We couldn't have done this without your support and help with the MUL controller over the last several months! The team high-fives you virtually!
Ramya/Deepa just found a fix for a bug thread locks!
Onwards towards submission..... and more champagne!