Sunday, June 30, 2013

My letter to TSA...




DEAR TSA:


I’m attending and speaking at PyCon Australia (actually in Tasmania) and this box contains all my hardware and backups for a live demonstration of my Home Automation project.  I need these pieces of hardware to present my project on stage.

Specifically, there are 2 RaspberryPi’s, 1 Beaglebone Black, 1 Arduino Uno R3, 1 Proximity sensor on a breadboard (tied to the Arduino).   There are also various USB cables, Ethernet cables, power supplies/adapters and a USB hub.

Just wanted to let you know that these are all harmless toys and would truly appreciate your gentle handling.
Otherwise, I won’t be able to do a live demo and will be really bummed.  And a ballroom full of engineers in Australia will also be really bummed.

Thank you for understanding and have a great day!



Rupa Dachere